-
December 19th, 2001, 01:53 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Check this out. We all donated money for a true, real header test. Check this link for more information: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=102957
Yeah I know it doesn't really help for us FI people, but its some interesting info to check out.
------------------
Mike Marsey
'98 ITR #0717
Supercharged w/255whp & 166trq
Member of the 12sec club!
12.9@108mph w/2750lbs (full street setup)
For all your JRSC type R questions, go to: http://www.geocities.com/superchargedtyper/
For for the best dynotuning check out: http://www.dynospotracing.com
-
December 19th, 2001, 06:35 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Why is it that some of the graphs show LOWER HP/Torque figures than what is posted on the site ??? For example, the JDM Toda says 190/138 yet the graph only peaks out at about 186 HP...
Are these corrected figures ???
------------------
'93 Civic Si H/B with B18C1, JRSC @ 8psi
Best 1320: 12.68 at 110 mph
-
December 19th, 2001, 12:27 PM
#3
Inactive Member
So according to their test that Type R with the following: JDM Toda header got HP/TQ 190/ 137? What other mods does it have? That car is making identical HP/TQ as my SC ITR.
------------------
00 ITR#1416 JRSC 5.5PSI
JR BTC, JR Map controller
Cartech FMU, Comptech Ice Box, Clutchnet Clutch, CM aluminum Flywheel
-
December 19th, 2001, 01:10 PM
#4
Inactive Member
-
December 19th, 2001, 01:35 PM
#5
Inactive Member
I don't know what the deal is, but those numbers just look inflated to me. Not saying that they are fake but rather that maybe that Dyno is putting out higher numbers than maybe another Dyno would put out for the same car. I've just seen many Dyno charts of other Type R's with similar mods getting nowhere close to that. But they all did have one thing in common, similar numbers.
------------------
00 ITR#1416 JRSC 5.5PSI
JR BTC, JR Map controller
Cartech FMU, Comptech Ice Box, Clutchnet Clutch, CM aluminum Flywheel
-
December 19th, 2001, 01:56 PM
#6
Inactive Member
-
December 19th, 2001, 02:15 PM
#7
Inactive Member
So you think the Dyno is accurate? And he indeed got a real 190whp with just those mods, JDM Toda header inclued? I just dunno.....I would have liked to have a car similar to my setup on that Dyno that day to see what it pulled.
------------------
00 ITR#1416 JRSC 5.5PSI
JR BTC, JR Map controller
Cartech FMU, Comptech Ice Box, Clutchnet Clutch, CM aluminum Flywheel
-
December 19th, 2001, 02:30 PM
#8
Inactive Member
Even if the baseline number was high, the important number is the relative difference between stock and not-stock.
The header test basically showed that on a lightly modded ITR, all of the headers perform roughly the same. I suspect that on a heavily modded ITR (all motor or JRSC), the results would probably be a lot more widespread.
Sonny
------------------
Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
2000 JRSC'd Civic Si @ 6psi (Powered by Hondata)
1999 Tonykart/Honda 125cc Shifter (in the works)
-
December 19th, 2001, 02:55 PM
#9
Inactive Member
True. It's just the high numbers I saw were throwing me off. But your right, it's the difference it made on the same car before and after that count.
------------------
00 ITR#1416 JRSC 5.5PSI
JR BTC, JR Map controller
Cartech FMU, Comptech Ice Box, Clutchnet Clutch, CM aluminum Flywheel
-
December 19th, 2001, 11:33 PM
#10
Inactive Member
Hmm, I knew I shoulda got the SMS header.
------------------
hi-tech 4-2-1,Sk2 IM,Holley 68mm TB, 550RC inj, RSR catback, and Hondata stage 4B Installed.
Vortech 10 psi SC being installed as I post
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks